English

First things first. I did not get the highest score on our English exam that we just got back the results of today.

But I wasn't expecting to. Just beacuse I speak/write/read/understand English perfectly doesn't mean I know what the verb "to swim" is in the pluperfect tense. Nor the future progressive, past conditional, imperative, or any other tense.

I still got the second highest score though, and my grade was basically perfect, so I don't really care about it.

It did leave me a little confused though. They're were other questions that I got "wrong" but I can't figure out why. And the way the teacher explained them to me, didn't make any sense. Plus I didn't really care to pester her about it, since my grade is basically perfect.

But can someone please tell me how the following sentences are "incorrect"??

  1. The film is based on a book, but I didn't read it before I saw it.
  2. When she got to the check-in desk, she realized that she forgot her passport.
  3. Oh no! We missed the bus! I can see it down the road.
  4. The team has won the competition three times in the past.
  5. My father had four cars by the time he was 20.


1 comments to "English"

  • Hi Jake!

    My name is Alicia. I went to Japan with YFU last summer. I went to high school there and participated in their English quizzes and things as well. I didn't get the best scores in English class either.

    The sentence formats were all weird. It was like Proper English from the 1800s or something.

    My English teacher thought it was absolutely hilarious when I told the "Why was six afraid of seven? Because 7-"ate"-9" joke.

    Broke the ice a bit. lol.
    Well I enjoy reading your blog! I've studied Spanish for 4 years now. I wish I could be there too. :)

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Bellingham, Washington, United States